Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Should I Run For Rep. 54th District, CA?

I have been organizing Tea Parties, petitioning my Congresswoman and Senators, Assemblywoman and State Senator, and I have come to the conclusion that the only way to solve California's problems is to get rid of everyone in office and replace them with grassroot people like us. In order to do this, we need many volunteers to step up to the plate. This is a grassroots movement politicians. How does the unemployment line look now?

I have met so many talented people while in Long Beach, Los Angeles, Sacramento, and through the internet and on conference calls. I believe there are enough of us to do what needs to be done.

Many may ask (or say) that we have no experience in politics. For some of us this is true, others of us have helped at campaigns. Those of us who have helped at campaigns I believe are sick and tired of elected liars and have been very disappointed at all the broken promises.

So what and who am I? I am a Conservative who loves animals, sports, family, the Military, the Declaration of Independence and our Constitution. I am a pro-life, Evangalical Christian who believes the government has crossed the line. Which one, you ask? Good question, since they've crossed so many.

No government has the right to deprive a city, town, or individual of their livlihood without fair compensation [See 5th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States]. This has been so distorted that there are citizens within our Central Valley that have ZERO water because of a stupid ALIEN fish. That is correct. It's origins are NOT the Delta. So why don't they catch them all and let them go somewhere else? Because that makes sense!

That is just one example of government intrusion. How do you like these new showerheads that moniter how fast the water is coming out? I'll tell you what, I'm tired of running around in the shower trying to get wet!

There are 5000 committees which pay very nicely (we have 5000+ cases of 'taxation without represention'), some or most receive over $100,000 per year for meeting once a month. Yes, these are termed-out politicians. They all need to be shut down. That includes you too, CARB [California Air Resources Bureau(?)]. TURN THE WATER ON!

I question whether or not I am a free marketer, or if the people who use that term realize what an oxymoron it is. Let's take a quick look at China. That country that sold and/or watch as almost all of nuclear arms flowed into N. Korea's warchest. We don't charge China for the junk they bring into our country to undercut our own manufacturers, yet we have to pay tarriffs and wonder still if they will come and take our companies. Hmm. Is that free-marketing? Not in my eyes. If I'm wrong, please explain to me why trading with an enemy of America is 'free'?

I am interested in foreign policy issues, but I believe our state is in much more need of fixing. Although someone should still run against Congresswoman Richardson. She has stayed in office only because no one opposes her.

In the State of California, we should have a Right to Work Law. As most of us have seen, ACORN is a corrupt organization, and they have their tenacles everywhere, such as the SEIU and other unions. I do not believe Californians should be penalized or forced to have their money stolen from them when they choose not to belong to a union. However if they choose to belong to a union, that's a different story. But it should not be any of our business! Don't we have enough to fix?

Well, I've addressed only a few of my concerns. I'd really like to talk about the schools and my easy solution to some of the problems. Make the principle the boss. Let the teachers teach reading, writing, math, history, American History, languages if they choose, art, sports, Excercise, etc. Teachers are closest to their students so they know what is needed. You will never be able to convince me that someone in DC knows what is better for our students than do our parents and teachers. Never.

So, should I run for California's State Assembly District 54? I would like your feedback. If I receive a good amount of comments, I will start an exploratory committee. Until then, I have to wait. Why? I don't know too many people. Yes, I know this is a drawback, but that's what hitting the pavement is for! On the brighter side, I have fresher ideas and the passion to go along with them. Being a Citizen Representative may be just the shot in the arm this state needs. What say you?

I'd like to thank all of you in advance for your comments, suggestions, critiques, etc. I cannot eccept any money yet, so don't ask why I don't have it set up yet. Without officially opening the exploratory committee, I cannot receive monies for this purpose. I'll let you know where to find the site I set up so you contribute once everything is in motion. God bless you, and be safe.

PS. Platform? Drill here, drill now. Cut taxes and stop stealing property taxes. Fire the 5000+ 'committee employees' who work one hour per month. Get a real job you lazy politicians! TURN THE WATER ON! More to come...maybe.

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone please be civil to one another. The quickest way to lose a debate and the hearts and minds of the reader is to call them names. We are all Americans, we just disagree.